Monday, December 23, 2019

Thank You, Winston

I had to stock up on cat food before Christmas holidays rendered that particular chore impossible.

Our Senior Cat can only tolerate a special gastrointestinal cat food. The only place I have been able to purchase this specialized brand is from our veterinarian. It is expensive but the alternative isn't an option. I don't know if you've ever lived with a cat with diarrhea but ... need I say more?


I added this task to my errand list today and when I could only find one bag on the shelf, I asked the employee who was filling the shelves if there was a second bag in stock. "Yes and no ..." she replied.

Our vet has adopted an in-house cat who lives and/or works full-time at the veterinary clinic. His name is Winston.

The employee continued, "... well you see, Winston got into some of the bags of cat food and chewed holes in the bags. We are selling them for 10% off."

Ten percent off the regular price of this expensive brand of cat food I affectionately refer to as "Gold Nugget Cat Food" was the best news I heard all day. "Sold!"

I just laughed when I spotted the reduced pricing on the cat food. "Winston's Pick"

Thank you, Winston! You just saved us $26.33 today. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment