Saturday, December 14, 2019

A Beautiful Day

I love waking up to a Saturday. A day of no plans, no expectations and the ability to simply go with the flow.

The sense of exhaustion I woke up with was soon replaced with pure, unadulterated relief that I had no where to go and nothing that absolutely needed to be done. I could have spent the day snuggled up on the couch with a good book, a cozy blanket, intermittent TV and it would have been enough.

Instead, I received the perfect gift. A coffee date on the phone. No need to dress, no need to warm up the car or leave the house. Perfection.

Eventually I did voluntarily leave our home when I went on a choose-your-own-Christmas-gift adventure. The outing was a success in every sense of the word.

I could have and should have done so much more. But I didn't. I forgive myself. Today was a gift I gave myself. Tomorrow is another day.

This tends to be the season of high expectations and stress levels. Give yourself the gift of forgiveness. Do your best, allow yourself an opportunity to call what you do "enough" and let yourself off the hook.

Let the joy come from within and it will be enough. I hope you had a most excellent day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment