Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Someone's Watching Over You

I find myself standing in front of the living room window simply gazing into the street. I have a feeling my neighbors who remember the TV show "Bewitched" may be starting to call me Gladys Kravitz (see below):



First thing in the morning, I write my morning pages, sip my coffee at the small table I've moved in front of the window for the sole purpose of rabbit-watching.

On days I'm home, I open the blinds fully and find myself gravitating towards the window. I often just stand there and scan the street, hoping to spot a rabbit. Other times, I perch myself upon the love seat which offers the best sitting view and simply hope to spot the movement of a rabbit.

After dark, the blinds are closed so I will peek out between the slats of the blinds hoping to catch a rabbit nibbling on the food I've left out. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I will do a quick rabbit-check.

I wonder if the neighbors have noticed and feel like I'm spying on them ...

I would like to broadcast to those who feel their privacy is being violated: "I'm not snooping. I'm just watching for rabbits!"

Despite my vigilance scanning our street, the number of times I actually spot a rabbit in our yard is rare. Yet there is plenty of evidence of their presence. Their food dish needs to be refilled regularly and the rabbit tracks in and out of our yard are plentiful. Perhaps, just perhaps ... they are watching over me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment