Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A Year From Now

As much as I have been looking back recapping the year 2019 in my mind, there is a part of me that is looking up, appreciating the moment I'm in and wistfully wondering where things will be a year from now ...

I wrote those words then went back into the archives of this blog to remind myself where I was a year ago.

A year ago, I had basically stopped writing here. I started writing during my Christmas holiday and promised myself to start writing again. I have kept that promise.

A year ago, I wrote of our upstairs bedrooms not having an identity. I was toying with the idea of emptying out each bedroom, painting it, sorting the contents within and getting the house organized and spruced up one room at a time. A year later? The entire upstairs (minus the bathroom) was refurbished, floor to ceiling. The outdoor maintenance has been tended as well.

A year ago, I was beating myself up for not having the ambition I should have. Nothing has changed there. Except I am attempting to be a little kinder to myself and forgiving myself for my shortfalls.

A year ago, I was over the moon because I had no Christmas plans. It was a vacation to be enjoyed at home and there was no place I would rather be. Same goes for this year.

December 30, 2018 - this is what I wrote:

I'm a homebody. I love home. I love quiet. I feel like I could envelope myself within this tiny little world and it would be enough. 

I know enough to be careful what I wish for. What if "this" was all I could have? What if I didn't live in a world where invitations, interaction, work obligations, friends and family weren't at my fingertips? Would this be enough?

I know it wouldn't be. I know I have this incredible peace within me because I have a sense of purpose combined with strong, safe relationships with people outside of my tiny little bubble. 

My bubble wrapped little world. I'm not taking many risks here yet. I'll keep taking one forward step at a time. Peace and contentment first. The rest will follow ...

December 3, 2019 - almost a year has passed since I wrote those words. So much has transpired during the year past. So much.

I cannot help but wonder what the next year will bring. I will set my goals, live life a day at a time, continue to revel in the wonder that is "my life", I will be grateful for good health, family harmony and peace of mind for all.

The wheels are in motion. They never stop. Life evolves a day at a time. The past is history. The future is unknown. Living in the present, with an eye on tomorrow is truly the only way to live.

Though it never ceases to amaze me, how setting intentions does help steer the course of one's life toward a future one can only imagine.

This time last year? I was dreaming of where I hoped to be. Writing more. Tending to the needs of our neglected home. All my dreams came true. And so many more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment