Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Someone's Watching Over Me

I found this when I searched the words "someone's watching over you" as I wrote my previous post:



As I navigate my days, I am quietly comforted by the feeling of an unseen presence which surrounds me, akin to the rabbit tracks in our front yard. Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's there.

I feel Mom's presence in, around and through me most poignantly.

I am almost always driving when I feel Dad by my side.

When we gather as a family, I find myself hoping Mom & Dad could be watching over the occasion.

I remember the palpable feeling of a presence all around me when I gathered together Dad's family's memories and locked myself in a room with them.

I felt a warm presence when we gathered the family together in the aftermath of the completion of the aforementioned book.

When I think of those who have passed through my life and beyond their physical presence here on earth I wistfully wonder if their presence remains close and touches the lives they were a part of.

When I feel this way, think these thoughts and wonder about all I can't see, I get the distinct feeling I am not alone. Someone's watching over me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment