Sunday, June 23, 2019

Back on the Home Front

My thoughts have been consumed with things bigger than myself lately. As I told my boss as I breezed into work later than I had hoped to arrive last week, "House renovations, going to see Oprah and a dying ex-husband are taking up a lot of my head space lately. I'm here and will do my best but I must forewarn you ... I'm just a tad distracted at the moment."

Our house maintenance project was running right on schedule. Until the rain began one day prior to the scheduled date to install our eavestroughs. Three days of rain later, our eavestroughs are installed and ready for whatever weather comes our way.



And a peek at the soffit - it looks as good looking up, as it does looking on..

Yes, the eavestroughing crew worked quickly and efficiently to get the job done. On a Sunday! 



More soffit, halting bird nest construction in its tracks.

What a great feeling to have this all behind us.


Only exterior painting remains. When I last spoke to the company who will be taking on this exterior painting project, they were right on schedule. I'm not certain how the rain will impact our date to paint but it is the last item on this summer's renovation list. 

It's all coming together. Add a little rain to our brittle, dried up grass and things are looking pretty good around here. I couldn't pick a better place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment