Monday, June 3, 2019

Moments to Behold

It's Monday morning and I am simply grateful to be sitting still in the quiet of the morning. It's been a rather people-oriented weekend and I have very few words left over.

It was a very good weekend. It was full of everything good. Yet as I wake up into this brand new work week, these are the moments that sift to the top:

Spotting a black cat (no, it wasn't either of our cats) in a flower bed, ignoring the magpies that were harrassing him. I took one look at this cat's familiar expression and I thought, "I love black cat's personalities!" I haven't met a black cat I haven't liked. The demeanor of this cool black cat, as he brushed off the attention he was getting from the magpies? Perfection.

We came upon this perfect little scene as we walked around a man-made water lake at a park. It melted my heart and I could have simply sat still and gazed at these little critters for hours.

I dubbed the lead goose as Mother Goose and the one bringing up the rear as Father. I have no idea if that is the truth or not. It is simply the story I made up in my head as I breathed in the moment.


The protective nature of the two adults doesn't change as they enter the water. Isn't nature amazing?


Meanwhile, on the other side of the path are the geese that decided against going out for a mid-afternoon swim. Four adults stayed on shore, with one of them clearly appointed as "Lookout"


One more ... isn't this adorable?


I drove home from my day trip just as the sun was beginning to set. I was watchful for any wildlife who may be crossing the highway and just as I was making my turn, I saw a young moose thinking about whether or not to dart across. I slowed down to give both of us ample time to react and he decided to turn around and head back into the field. Smart moose.

I love watching nature unfold before my eyes. Acting and reacting to life instinctively. Pure and simple.

Humans are so complicated...but that is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment