Saturday, June 22, 2019

Oh, How I Have Missed Me So

Oh, how I have missed my own company. The simple knowledge that I had two, five hour drives in my future calmed me. Five hours when I had to stay awake, without the distraction of technology or a television set, to think my own thoughts and hear what I had to say.

I love how my thoughts waft aimlessly through my brain when I drive. My subconscious mind lets go of restrictions held at bay due to living a life where responsibilities, interaction and the need for sleep which take precedence during my normal day-to-day life.

My thoughts drift in, around and through my mind on an endless loop which provides a clarity I can't seem to find otherwise.

I found this particular drive therapeutic the year I drove back and forth to Mom's on a regular basis. Five hours of unharnessed thinking gave me the stamina I needed to be who I needed to be, whether at home or at Mom's.

Oh, how I have missed that drive.

I have had so many thoughts I haven't had time or energy to think through without interruption. The timing of this trip was right on so very, very many levels. But that drive. Oh, the drive! I'm grateful I had a defined destination, otherwise I may be on the east coast by now.

I feel very blessed to say that I enjoy my own company. I'm so glad to have become reacquainted with my inner being. I feel like I can breathe again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment