Monday, June 10, 2019

It's a Cat's Life

I am never quite sure where I may find our cats when I wake up in the morning.

Yesterday morning, the first thing I noticed was that somebody almost closed the bedroom door. This is Jet's trick. He is fascinated with door knobs and will stand up on his hind legs while pushing the door closed. Normally he does this until the door latches. I believe he does this intentionally. One time in  particular, he locked Ray (his partner in cathood) out of my room, with Jet captured inside to reap all of the affection that may be doled out.

Secondly, I noticed that both cats were resigned to the fact that they thought they were locked in the bedroom. They had assumed their positions on the bed and were enjoying a lazy Sunday morning sleep-in.


This morning, this was the sight my waking eyes saw. It started with Ray's gentle "tap, tap, tap" on my forehead so he could entice me to pet him. At the same time I felt the tapping, I noticed a black cat in Ray's usual resting spot. The body language of the "tapping" was all Ray but "Ray" was already in his sleeping spot. Turns out that Jet decided to try a new place to rest his weary head. Before long, this was the scene before my waking eyes:


This was where I left them as I got up and started the day. I have become quite skilled at making my bed around sleeping cats but the soundest sleeper of them all is normally sleeping atop the quilt at the foot of my bed. Not today. I decided to let sleeping cats lie and make the bed later.

Two hours later, I returned to make my bed and found this:


Oh, to lead the life of a cat. After a busy weekend, I am craving a cat day myself. I have a few hours before I have to set myself into motion. I think I'll grab a book and relax before this week takes on a life of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment