Sunday, August 30, 2020

Living on the Edge

Ray is the more timid of our two black cats. When I slept in a king sized bed, he enjoyed his own private corner of real estate where my tossing and turning didn't disturb him and he could sleep peacefully on the bed, without touching another cat or human.

Since I moved upstairs, I sleep on a queen sized bed which allows ample room for Jet (who has grown quite accustomed to my nightly habit of waking up and seeking out his presence with my foot). But Ray rarely joins us. The bed is just too small for the three of us.

Every now and again, Ray graces me with his presence in the morning. In fact one night I woke up, opened my eyes and our eyes met. He was literally face to face with me. Perhaps he is present more than I am aware. 

Ray is a cat who needs his personal space, likes to make the first move and generally walks to the beat of his own heart.

I'm thinking perhaps we should move back downstairs to our king sized bed. There is just no room for Ray here. 


He is living on the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment