Friday, August 28, 2020

Weekends

Weekends are defined differently since my work moved in with me. They are less about not working and more about not having to leave the house.

The minute I know I must leave home, my entire perspective shifts. A day interrupted by walking out the door changes everything.

I am a self-isolating kind of person by nature. Not much has changed for me with the COVID guidelines. I have simply been given me permission to be more of who I am.

Permission but not free reign. I must leave home and interact with the world around me. I would like to book a voluntary self isolation holiday this year. Fourteen consecutive days off with no where to go and no need to "be" anything to anyone sounds heavenly.

If I manage my time well while I am out today, it is my hope to able to stay home all weekend. I'll settle for two consecutive days off. If it wasn't for my work, I would disconnect myself from all forms of technology as well. That day will come. 

Self isolating has never sounded so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment