Monday, August 17, 2020

Breathing in the Weekend

The weekend past was quite possibly the definition of a "perfect weekend". A day trip with and to meet up with my siblings, followed by a day of phone calls, the delivery of a free filing cabinet, combined with a visit including a light lunch and a moderate amount of productivity.

My socializing skills are rusty. I replay parts of conversations I had and shudder. "Why did I say that?" "Why didn't I listen more?" "Why didn't I invite the other person to tell their stories more?

This is exactly how I used to feel when I was young. I was not an outgoing child and the times I could re-hear my voice and regret talking were many. I lost a lot more sleep over it in those days but the feeling is very similar.

I believe I invited negativity into the weekend with me. Shame on me. 

All conditions were perfect! Could I please have a "redo" of the weekend I just had? 

No comments:

Post a Comment