Saturday, August 29, 2020

We All Need a Little Support Now and Then

The top of my foot is sore.

Isn't that about the strangest symptom you've ever heard? I agree. So many worries in the world and the top of my foot is sore.

My first thought was that I should be wearing supportive footwear. 

This mysterious symptom has been getting progressively worse so I consulted with Dr. Google this morning and confirmed my diagnosis.

I don't have supportive indoor shoes so I wrapped my foot in a tension bandage. It felt like a warm hug. Walking became easier. Support was exactly what I needed.

My foot is a metaphor for life:

When we walk through our days feeling a dull ache which may ebb and flow with the distractions of living but is still at the core of our being, we may simply need a little support. Life becomes easier when you succumb to the need to lean on another person. Support may be exactly what you need.

The amount of support is dependent on the day, your situation and own personal needs. 

Too much of a good thing is not necessarily a good thing. Please excuse me while I adjust the tension on my bandaged foot. I may have cut off the circulation to my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment