Sunday, August 30, 2020

No Guilt Allowed

I have squandered more time off feeling guilty about all I'm not doing, than taking action actually doing something about it. 

Guilt has never done anything positive for me. The only thing it does, is drain me of energy, wear me down, I beat myself up and feel badly about whatever the situation is at hand.

Guilt rarely motivates me. I want to run for cover, turn on the TV to tune out my thoughts. I fill myself with junk food - literally and figuratively. Junk food for the soul (mindless TV) and junk food for my body (chips and pop).

Guilt is a complete and total waste of time for me.

This weekend I am not allowing guilt to rule my thoughts. It is a "No Guilt Allowed" weekend. I will follow where that thought leads, allow myself some guilty pleasures and plan to wake up to a Monday morning without a guilt hangover.

May you fill your day with whatever it is you need the most. No guilt allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment