Sunday, February 24, 2019

To Wash Clothes or Not to Wash Clothes ...

I woke up this morning knowing I should wash clothes. I should wash sheets as well, but I knew that was going to wait one more day.

I really didn't feel like doing laundry but I was trying to "should" myself into the task made so easy by all of our modern appliances and easy access to water, power and everything one needs to do the job.

First job of the day was tending to our cats. I went to fill their water dish. We didn't have water. Hmmm ...

We have been doing a lot of renovating but water has not been part of the work involved. I knew we had water when I went to bed so I was assured that renovations were most likely not a contributing factor.

Surely it was just the downstairs bathroom, right? Wrong. We simply have no water.

I just called the City and there is indeed, a water main break in our area. They are trying to get us on water but there were no guarantees.

What was my immediate reaction? Relief. The decision to my dilemma "to wash clothes or not to wash clothes" was taken right out of my hands.

I don't have to do laundry this morning. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment