Friday, February 22, 2019

I Get to Stay Here!!!

I was living in my nightmare last night. It was so real. So very real ...

Flash to the scene where I asked if I could have access to our new home so I could take pictures of the inside of the house. I wanted to have a firm idea what the layout was, so I could plan our move.

We walked into the house and it was wrong. It was so very wrong. I didn't like the layout, the location and it was in dire need of updating, fixing and there was nothing I really liked about it. I looked at the massive floor plan and knew there would be a lot of empty spaces. I wondered if my son's idea for our existing living room would work in this monstrosity. 

I was so upset. I couldn't believe I had sold our existing home right after renovating it. I bemoaned the fact that we had just renovated. And now we would be moving into ... this?

The existing owner just shrugged his shoulders and said we could just do it all over again. I was sobbing as I replied, "But the money is all gone. I spent all the money. I will never be able to do this again ..."

I cried so very hard. My heart was aching. What had I done? What was I thinking? What now? The money was gone. There was no turning back ...

Then I woke up.

I was so elated to wake up to my own little life, in my own bed, in our HOME, which we get to keep. "I get to stay here!!!" were the words I scrawled on a piece of paper while I was still living the nightmare.

I get to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment