Monday, February 4, 2019

Despite it All ...

Despite the fact that the contents of our main floor have been moved downstairs ...


Despite the fact that our kitchen cupboards have been emptied into the living room ...


... and a bedroom


... and a closet


Despite the fact that our home is in full on displacement mode ...

I haven't felt this peaceful in a very long time.

I have physically touched everything upstairs (except the contents of the linen closet and bathroom). I know what we have, what we don't have, a lot of the excess has been culled and I still have a place of bliss to sit and soak up my morning:

Note Mom's bright light shining upon me and her clock still hangs on the wall in my little oasis under her light.
Despite it all ...

I feel serene and delighted at the way things are going.

That is all.

P.S. I am writing this now, because I know things will get worse before they get better. When I lose my little oasis under Mom's Bright Light, I may lose a little of my serenity along with it. Then again? Maybe I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment