Sunday, February 17, 2019

Dusty and Weary

This Place of Dust is starting to wear me down.

Don't get me wrong. Things are happening around here. Renovations are right on schedule and I couldn't be more pleased with the way things are going. The installation of the laminate was slated for this weekend and we are right on track.

This is our living room as of last night.

Here it is tonight. The kitchen flooring has begun so the "cutting area" and the kitchen table have moved into the living room.


The kitchen is looking wonderful!!! (I took a picture of the half that was done)

Right down to the perfection of this circular cut into the laminate for the wiring for the stove.

The spare bedroom? Done!
The hallway? Done and done (check those perfectly straight and centered lines)

Our current guest room however? Leaves a little to be desired. Flooring is still in the box in this room ...

... but that is nothing compared to the "tool room".

I feel overwhelmed and covered in dust. The dust is quite literally everywhere. I'm not sure if I may have to vacuum my bed before I call it a night. A cat covered in sawdust made his way under the my covers at one point today.

Others are doing all of this work for me. I am so very fortunate. Pay back time is coming though. Moving our dust laden belongings back upstairs will be a job unto itself. My job.

We've come a long way. We have a ways to go. But we are in the home stretch.

I'm feeling pretty weary now that I've showered off today's layer of dust. I must lay this weary head down upon my pillow. I hope it isn't covered in dust...

No comments:

Post a Comment