Friday, February 15, 2019

A Place of Dust

This is becoming "real" now. The Great Renovation of 2019 has invaded my personal sanctum. Today ... my bedroom became part of the construction zone.

No construction. Just stringing cable and wiring through the suspended ceiling in my room. The time to enter my zone of contentment arrived. To mark the occasion, a layer of ceiling dust and debris was sprinkled generously around my room.

Not that my room couldn't use a little dusting. But ...

I have now vacuumed the surface of my room, my bed, moved it back into its spot and it is my hope that I don't wake up covered with a layer of renovation dust.

Not that I haven't been wearing a little dust to bed all week. But ...

I'm just tired. 

I must rest my head upon my dusty pillow and rest up for the weekend ahead. 

It was still a very good day. Perhaps a small taste of what is to come. But a good day all in all.

P.S. Our kitchen cupboard paint color is called "A Place of Dust". Honestly, there could not be a more apt name for our home at the moment. I often wondered what I may call a Bed & Breakfast establishment if ever I owned one. "A Place of Dust" may have just hit the Top Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment