Saturday, February 2, 2019

Let There Be Light!

The first thing our Kitchen Reno Guy did, as he started undertaking the task of remodelling our kitchen, was to upgrade the dim light above our kitchen sink to three bright LED lights. The first set he brought home would have directed lost planes to our home so he toned down the wattage and we now have bright lights over our kitchen sink.


He had me at the bright lights. And it's only gotten better from there.

It is so exciting to come home at the end of our days to see what has transpired in our absence. I have yet to be disappointed. 

Our house is in a bit of a mess but it's okay. 



This too, shall pass. And in its wake, we are going to have a brand new-to-us kitchen.

Look at the delightful morning scene in our kitchen-thus-far. We now have dimmable under counter lighting. 


I spent the morning using only the lighting from under the counters and it honestly felt like Christmas. My favorite part of Christmas is turning off all the lights in our home except the white Christmas lights. I find white light serene. It soothes and calms me.

I gazed at our kitchen-in-progress and knew without a doubt in my mind. This Time of Great Renovation is right. 

I can feel Mom's nod of approval every step of the way. As I shovelled snow on a windless day a few days ago, Mom's outdoor wind chimes rang with intent. It wasn't just a light "tinkling" of the chimes. It was purposeful and it was as though the chimes were working to get my attention. I looked up and around me. No wind. The chimes were chiming. Then there was silence.

This happened one time when I was shovelling snow at Mom's house. Her snow shovellers didn't shovel everything Mom wanted shovelled so I went out one windless morning and puttered away at the task. I was thinking of Dad as I shovelled. How he would have simply "known" to shovel the patio stone area...

It calms my soul to think and wonder about the energy left behind after one no longer walks here on earth. Is there some energy left behind? Could I be having a "touched by an angel moment" when I feel this presence? 

Everything to do with this renovation has been easy. The seas have parted and it has been easy as taking the next forward step. The presence of Mom & Dad's spirits live strong within me. It is such a comfort to feel them in my heart and soul as I step back into the world of living my life more effectively once again. 

Whose energy is guiding me through this process? Can I take the credit for mustering up my ambition, hopes and dreams? Or can I laud the skies above for some mystical and heaven sent encouragement.

I only know what I know.

Life has had every reason to feel hard, so very hard these past few weeks. And it hasn't. Each and every time a moment had the power to overwhelm me and suck me under, I took deep, long breaths and talked myself down. "Don't over think this" "Just wait" "Don't react. Just wait for the moment to come to you, then act"...

Whatever the guiding force within my life may be at the moment, I am grateful. The path I'm following is bright and easy to follow.

It must be the new lights in our kitchen! Let there be light ...

No comments:

Post a Comment