Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Six Weeks

I live my life in six week intervals. The six weeks I can stretch between coloring my hair from one time to the next.

I try to time my hair coloring before momentous events (aka: any time I am seen outside my regularly scheduled life). When I decide the time is right, I will look at my upcoming schedule and see if one color will cover all the main events.

The reason I write this today? Today is "the" day.

I am off work today due to the fact my youngest son is having his wisdom teeth pulled and this requires someone to take him, remain in the office throughout the procedure, drive him home then stay with him afterwards. I was nominated for the job.

This gave me the gift of this morning. You guessed it. I have colored my hair. I am ready!

Ready for my up and coming Sibling Weekend. I look forward to these weekends like no other. But I like to be prepared. My roots are covered, I have checked for chin hairs and all I have left to do is pack. Ready. Set. Let's go!!

Followed by this is another out of province experience with friends. These are friends that have seen me in various shades of greying. It doesn't really matter but I'm pleased I will be freshened up for the occasion.

The grand finale of them all is my uncle's 90th birthday event. I will be completely out of my comfort zone there. No siblings. I will be among cousins, uncles, aunts and people I don't know. I feel a bit like a fish out of water without my immediate family by my side. The least I can do is color my hair. That will boost my confidence enough to get through the day.

As I sit here letting my hair color's conditioner work its magic, I am marvelling at the wonder of no apparent roots. I feel like a renewed old me. Hair color doesn't work miracles but it has given me a boost this morning. I'll take a boost wherever I can find it.

For the total cost of $9.95 (INCLUDING taxes!), I think it's well worth the price. The best part is that I paid for this a few months ago so this morning's entertainment was pretty much free. AND it will probably last for a month and a half.

I know what I'll be doing six weeks from now. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment