Monday, September 30, 2019

Good Enough

As I wrote my way through my three, hand written morning pages this morning the theme of my thoughts seemed to be simple. Life is not perfect but it is good enough.

I shoulda, coulda, woulda'd myself to death throughout the weekend. But after all was said and done, I did "enough".

I may be working a few days I'd prefer to have off. But since I'm taking off several days in the next short while, I know the extra hours will be appreciated when pay day rolls around. I am fortunate to be exactly where I am. I need to work and work is available. It may not be perfect but it is enough.

It snowed last night. Snow may not have been at the top of my wish list but I don't have any snow shovelling to do. It is enough.

I was reminiscing about the weekends I spent out on my son's farm. I packed up my grocery supply for the weekend and knew what I had, had to be "enough". And it was. It was more than enough.

I was wistfully thinking that I'd like to have something fresh and new to wear to my uncle's upcoming birthday. I despise shopping. I don't want to spend the money. I plan to spruce up something I already have with some accessory and it will be good enough.

I don't have everything I want in life. But what I have is good. I have more than enough.And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment