Thursday, September 12, 2019

Never Let Me Forget

I wake up every morning to my petty little worries. I feel as though I am in a constant state of counting down to something. My to-do-lists revolve around what I want to get done before one of those "count down events" occurs.

There are some challenges worked into the days but none of them are life threatening or loom above my head in a life-altering kind of way. What I confront as I walk through my days are merely hurdles. Something I can learn to jump over, walk over or even walk around. 

There is very little within this tiny little world of mine that is sitting in front of me daring me to take it on. I have my health. My family is hale and hearty. I have a job. I have a home. It comes with furry felines who shed a lot. 

I tend to complain about the endless cat hair and things-to-be-done. I am fortunate to have a life that comes with responsibilities and the need to be accountable. 

For every item on my eternal to-do-list or my daily countdowns to one date or another, I am blessed with a life that is filled with responsibilities, events and a community which pulls me out of the shell I would retreat into if I could.

Never let me forget to be grateful. That is my forever wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment