Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sibling Weekends Are the Best

You just can't plan weekends like the one I just lived.

A person can make arrangements to spend time with a group of people. You can make reservations, plan a route, a destination and an end goal. But one doesn't know how it will all unfold. Until it does.

A weekend away from home causes great angst for me. But a road trip with my sisters is one of my most favorite things. It overrides my anxiety and spills over into a feeling that is like no other. Add a final destination at my brother's home and I could ask for no more.

It was a weekend that began the moment I walked in the door after work to find my sister awaiting my arrival.

It just got better from there.

It was a weekend of family where all the stars aligned. It was simple. It was good. It was so very, very good.

We know how fortunate we are to have the connection we have with each other. It isn't something we take for granted.

I'm so glad we took this weekend to honor that bond and simply spend some time being in the company of family. I am grateful. So, so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment