Monday, September 16, 2019

Hopeful

It is a little late in the year to be forming the traditional resolutions and mind sets one hears so much about as one calendar year folds into the next. But I very much like the way this word rolls off my tongue, into my vocabulary and seeps into my thoughts. I want to incorporate this word into my world in an every day kind of way. The word is "hopeful".

Hopeful is a word which is based what is possible while keeping in mind some probable outcomes. It is a word that meshes faith with reality.

Hopeful is an optimistic stance to take on any situation. Whether it is waiting on or dealing with a health diagnosis ... anticipation or dread over an upcoming appointment  ... to simply the way a day will unfold.

To be hopeful is to expect nothing but hope for the best.


Credo: from Mom's little book of notes

I want to step into each day filled with hope for best possible outcomes and the stamina to roll with any obstacles I may find along the way.

I feel hopeful today. I hope the same for you. No matter what life is throwing your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment