Friday, September 13, 2019

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I take life seriously. I really do. Life is filled with challenges, seriousness and while it often feels like there is every reason to cry, complain and surrender, I find laughter is the salve that soothes my weary soul.

I like to laugh. I like to surround myself with people who bring out the lightness in life. As I write these words, I hear the laughter. I think of people whose resting face is joyful, with a twinkle in their eye.

People who can download the stressors within their world in a light hearted fashion are people I look up to, want to be around and want to emulate.

When I think of times when my world felt the most bleak, I remember the laughter that broke through the darkness and reminded me "this too shall pass".

My memories ring with laughter as I think of the people, relationships and conversations I have had. The memory that stands out above the rest is the laughter.

In my humble opinion, laughter is the best medicine. Add a good night's sleep and good nutrition to that equation and that is the recipe for a life well lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment