Sunday, June 3, 2018

A Quiet Sunday

It's been a quiet and reflective kind of day. 


Basically, all I did was sit in the yard. All day.


Dreaming ... reading ... cat and bird watching ...


Thoughts of Mom wafted in, out and through my mind.

As I soaked up this quiet sunny summer like day, I wondered what Mom was thinking and feeling during the quietness that defined her home and life.

As I settled into the day, I thought how nice it would be to just sit here and have someone drop by unexpectedly. I wondered how often Mom may have had that thought. 

I thought of Mom's daily routines, her enjoyment of her sunroom, her trips to the mall, her voice on the other end of a phone call, the books she read and the friends and family who did drop by.

As winter was coming to a close and spring had not quite sprung last year, she commented on how peaceful it was just to sit back in her living room and gaze out the window. 

She knew the comings and goings of her neighborhood, enjoyed the rabbits who frequented her yard and I remember her talking of a crow that had only one foot. He came back the next year but not the following one.

Mom was an observer of life and had a memory like no other person I know or have known. Her thirst for knowledge was unending. She had a quote, a verse or a song for every occasion. 

I miss having her around. It would have been nice to chat with her on this quiet Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment