Sunday, June 10, 2018

I Got Luke!

I have been following where my Internet connection takes me this morning (see why I need to unplug from all things technical?! It is almost 12:30 p.m. and I have spent the past 5 hours attached to this silly computer) and it led me to this quiz at Buzzfeed: How You Feel About Rory Gilmore's Life Choices Will Reveal Which "Gilmore Girls" Guy Is Your Soulmate

The result? I honestly thought my answers would take me to one of Rory's love interests, but my result? "You got: Luke Danes". I knew it!

"You're destined to be with Luke! You're looking for someone who is dependable, loyal, and an all-around good guy. While it might take a little while for him to show true feeling for you, you'll have an epic romance nonetheless. Luke is your perfect match!"

While the very last thing on my mind is finding a "love interest", I always knew I was looking for a "Luke". Someone who had been part of my life all along, who was everything he showed himself to be. And then (in my fairy tale mind), there would be the moment:

"Luke can waltz" ... "Luke can waltz?" ... "Luke can *waltz*"...

This revelation, which was no revelation to me, has led me down a Gilmore Girls soundtrack marathon. All I can say is, if I get hit by a semi and don't survive my up and coming road trip, please play "Reflected Light" by Sam Phillips at my funeral.

It is now almost 1:00 p.m. and I have frittered away half of this day at the computer. Yes, I need to be on a mountain top, unplugged from all things technical. Maybe I'll find myself there. Maybe?? I'll find "Luke"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment