Monday, July 8, 2019

Battle of the Cat Hair

My Sunday started with opening the living room blinds, sitting on the love seat that backs the window and simply nature gazing.

I was hoping I may spot a rabbit. No luck there but a few crows entertained me and the cats by diving off our neighbor's garage and swooping in to enjoy a puddle left by the previous night's rain.

I stood up and carried on with the day. My pajama pants were covered in cat hair. Instantly my mind rewound and remembered I had been sitting on a favored cat resting spot and realized I should not have been surprised.

I tossed my pj's into the laundry, cleaned the cat hair off the cushion(s) with a lint brush and carried on with the morning.

Soon thereafter, I was enjoying my morning ritual of following wherever the Internet may lead. Soon enough, I was listening to someone speaking on YouTube.

The sound of a voice coming from the kitchen attracted a cat. He saw I was sitting here with two free hands so he became quite insistent that those hands needed to be put to use. I petted him for a bit but he was shedding so much that I started ignoring him in the hope he would go back and rest on his favorite spot in the living room.

No luck.

He simply paced back and forth. The computer is sitting on a white table so his trail of black hair was obvious. He walked one way, I swiped up the cat hairs left in his wake. He walked the other way, I swept up more hair. He sat still. He shed. He moved. He shed. Inhale ... exhale ... shed.

It is no wonder I'm losing the battle of the cat hair around here. 

Did I go on a vacuum frenzy after my hairy morning? Heavens no. I know when to admit defeat. Score "one" for the cat hair yesterday. Score one for me too though. I know when to walk away ... 

I feel a song coming on:

You got to know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away,
And know when to run.
You never count your cat hair
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for vacuumin'
When the shedding's done.

~ Slightly adapted lyrics from Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

No comments:

Post a Comment