Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Whispers

I sat down with Oprah's book "The Path Made Clear" yesterday. Quite possibly all I needed to do was to reread the names of the chapters to put me on the right path but instead I decided to listen to the free audio book I received (compliments of Oprah, included in the ticket price of seeing her Live!) while I read along in her book.

I was sitting on the couch with the lure of daytime television and Netflix vying for my attention. My cell phone was close by and I couldn't seem to stop myself from checking Facebook updates and listening (hoping) for incoming messages from outside our home.

I read through the chapters "The Seeds" and "The Roots" with ease. Then I reached the chapter named "The Whispers".

I have been quiet and still enough to hear the whispers of my mind before but in this highly connected and rather committed life I lead, I can feel the whispers gaining momentum. I'm sensing their call in the way wake up in the morning and how I feel as I go through the motions of living my life.

It is summer holiday time. "I need to seek out some quiet" I thought to myself. I only have a week. I had other hopes and plans for that week. I have been overspending on my renovation budget and booking myself into a quiet retreat felt possible but not plausible.

Then I heard within the quiet whispers of my mind an invitation my son issued to me. Would I spend some time out at their farm while they went on a holiday?

Yes! Yes!! YES!!

I can and I will and I WANT to do this! I can't wait. I hope the whispers of my thoughts are patient as we bide our time and await this holiday where I will be alone with my thoughts, two dogs, two rabbits and an ever growing cat population.

No comments:

Post a Comment