Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Easy Like Wednesday Morning

Do you ever wake up to a day that just feels "easy"? Easy from the moment you put your feet on the floor kind of easy?

This morning was such a morning for me.

It started when I woke up when I wanted to wake up. I took what time I wanted to take before I took the monumental leap of putting my feet on the floor.

When I went to make my bed, neither of the cats were sleeping on it. I have become a master of making my bed around sleeping cats. Yesterday morning I was rather pleased with myself. I made the bed around our skittish cat and he didn't jump off. I'm a master.

I tended to my morning routines and it was easy sailing all the way. Cat food and water dishes were full enough. Cat litter chores were quick and easy. I took the extra minute I gained by having no side jobs to tend and swept the floor by the litter boxes.

I came upstairs and prepared my morning smoothie and coffee. No need to open or rinse out any empty containers. All my supplies were plentiful and ready to go. 

I sat down and tackled my morning puzzles. I struggled with the crossword a little but all in all, my brain functions seem to be intact as well.

My morning routines were behind me and not one little glitch in the system. Not a one. Ahhhh ...

I like Wednesdays. I'm geared up and ready to roll. I love when the little routines in my life go easy like a Wednesday morning. [Lionel Richie sings harmony to my slightly reworded lyrics to "Easy Like Sunday Morning"]

I like the thoughts I'm thinking. I feel reflective and open to hear the "energy" I feel within the day. I sense the whispers of those who no longer walk by my side.

This morning I felt like I heard the other side of a conversation I never got to have. "People just want to be heard..." was what my heart felt and heard. No guilt. No silent admonishments of what I could have, should have and would have done given the opportunity. "Listen ..." was the lesson to be remembered.

I may or may not have "brushed shoulders" with Mom this morning. I just felt her presence within me. It was a comfort.

I reheard conversations I have had recently and think. Think of what goes beyond the words. Think of the courage it took to say what was said.

I think of loneliness. I think of that often. I think of how we are all waging our own private battles within.

I think of those who appear to be on top of their game and wonder how they feel beyond what they allow the world to see.

I look at those who are feeling more vulnerable and wonder what goes beyond what they are saying.

I look at the world around me and feel blessed beyond words. I have everything that matters to me. I have peace of mind, I feel safe within the world around me, I feel comforted to know I am not alone in the world and the security of feeling I will wake up to this familiar feeling tomorrow morning too.

I remember how hard it felt to face the day yesterday. Yet I was given another opportunity this morning. Sometimes life isn't so generous. Life can change in the blink of an eye.

When we wake up to life-as-we-know-it and it is good, it is worthwhile to stop and appreciate the moment. Is it the calm before the storm? Or is simply calmness from within?

No comments:

Post a Comment