Saturday, July 27, 2019

Underwhelmed

It has been a busy week. Busy at work. Busy at home. My mind and my days have been full. I was SO looking forward to coming home at the end of a very long day to savor the view. Our house and garage exterior painting would be complete and (as luck would have it), my son picked up and installed the finishing touches. I was prepared to be amazed.

I wasn't.

My son did forewarn me that he marked the places that needed touch ups with tape. What I didn't expect is areas that were completely missed; they didn't remove the downspouts on the garage and painted around (and on) our brand new downspouts; a spot I had pointed out to them was completely ignored ... the house and garage were speckled with green tape where my son noticed the shortcomings. And I found more.

Darn.

I got up at 5 a.m. yesterday and put in two hours of work before I walked in the door. I didn't have enough hours in the day to do what needed to be done so I brought work home with me. Work is soooo busy and I feel so terribly behind. All I can say is, I'm very glad I postponed my summer holidays.

My second job wasn't so demanding. In fact yesterday felt like a breeze. I intended to tackle one small chore but was told to sit down. It could wait until another day. I didn't argue.

I picked up stain for the deck on my way to work yesterday. My painters prepped the deck boards but not the railing. Staining the deck is on my weekend agenda. I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed.

After work, I set out on a mission to find a super-duper-deck-staining-brush that came highly recommended. After three unsuccessful attempts, I aborted that mission and came home prepared to be amazed.

I wasn't.

And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment