Monday, July 15, 2019

A Perfectly Diverse Weekend

I am on the other end of a very committed weekend. I did it! I not only survived. I thrived. At times.

Friday was fuelled with family and friendship. Light and easy moments prevailed and it was a most excellent day.

Even the best of days are seasoned with reality. A leak under the kitchen sink. A "check engine" light on the car as we neared our destination. Blinking check engine lights = trouble. Solid is okay. My light is solid and unwavering in its determination to keep lighting up with each start. A trip to our neighborhood mechanic may be in the future. I am still hoping the light turns off by itself.

Saturday was hard.

The good news is I was home by 6:00 and in bed before 8:30. The best way to end a tough day (for me) is going to bed before the sun. That moment of consciousness before I slipped off into a deep slumber was the best.

Even tough days have good moments.

Sunday started off hard. I did ONE hard thing which led to a trail of other tasks. Before I knew it, I had supper for six prepared and ready to go before we headed off to a matinee theatre performance.

The play was great. The company was better. The background noise of Sunday was light and easy chatter, sprinkled generously with laughter, with a side order of food and beverage. Perfection!

It was a perfectly diverse, interesting and occupied weekend. Everything unfolded easily as one thing led to the next and the next then the next.

I slept in my own bed. I awoke to the comforts of being home. Routines were not ruffled. Weather was ideal. I went into the weekend feeling well rested and simply "well". I have come out the other end of the weekend feeling just as rested and predictably "well".

When we fall asleep and wake up to life-as-we-know it in a regular, predictable fashion living a committed life is a pretty fine way to spend the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment