Monday, July 1, 2019

No Where to Go, No Where to Be

Today is the third day of the long weekend. 

Day #1 was a very social day. It was perfect in every way but by the time I arrived home at 11:30 p.m., I was over-the-moon happy to know the next day was free and clear of all duties and obligations.

Day #2 started out as a cat day. I followed wherever the day led and by the end of it all, I had done three loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, colored my hair, read a short book and barbequed our supper. I did all of this by the time I left for my out-of-the-house commitment I had the prior day.

Today is Day #3. Nothing but vacuuming is on today's agenda. It is a day that can unfold in whatever way happens. 

I had truly hoped to accomplish something of note during these three days off but the truth of the matter is that a three day weekend is pretty close to my norm. The only difference is that I get to stay home all day today. I have no where I must go this afternoon. No one is expecting me.

Maybe I'll go for a walk ...

No comments:

Post a Comment