Friday, July 12, 2019

Committed

Deep breath in ... hold ... exhale. I can do it. I can commit to and enjoy the weekend which is mapped out ahead of me.

This was supposedly a long weekend but when it became a rather committed one, I offered to work on Saturday to make up for my inability to work today.

The plans include: driving my son to school on two of those mornings "off"; choosing a paint color for our house's exterior; a country drive and short road trip to visit family; meeting up with a long lost friend for coffee; work; another short drive to see a play; supper guests; an appointment.

Working in time for vacuuming, washing my hair, preparing a meal and mowing the lawn will have to happen.

I look at the commitments I have made and panic. I know I will look back and reflect on "all of the above" and will hear the echo of laughter, fun, excellent company and good memories. Some people look forward to these kinds of weekends. I can be that person. I can.

There is not one thing on my commitment list which is not something I have initiated myself with the knowledge that it will be fun and memorable. Perhaps with the exception of "work" but even that feels different - volunteering to do it and knowing I don't have to go anywhere afterwards. I get to come straight home! A day of work which ends before supper is a gift.

Deep breath in ... hold ... exhale slowly. This is going to be fun. It is! I shall enjoy every moment as it unfolds. I shall.

Happy weekend, to all. May your days ahead be exactly what you need them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment