Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Booked!

Whew!! All decisions have been made and I have committed to booking and paying for everything that is up and coming within the next few months. That felt hard.

I have committed to three separate out-of-town experiences which will all take place within a one month space of time. Three completely and totally different experiences - all of which will be thoroughly enjoyable. Of this, I am certain.

#1 - A sister road trip to spend some time with our brother. We are staying close to Mom's home turf. Focus is on family, visiting and simply enjoying the moments. Perfection!

#2 - A writing workshop with a few close friends. A full day workshop with friends who feel like sisters to me. This is a recipe for a very good day. This will be followed the next day with a dinner theater experience with another sister-friend who introduced me to this unique kind of fun. Excellent!

#3 - A birthday gathering for an uncle who is incredibly special to me. I will be minus the comfort of being among my own siblings but this will open the door to a cousin bonding experience which I feel sure I will never regret.

All accommodations are now booked. I booked my flight this morning.

I am shaking in my boots a tiny little bit. This is an awful lot of commitment to spending time away from home. It is compounded by an extraordinary amount of spending.

I can't wait to pay for all of this. Between home renovations/maintenance, compounded with an unexpected car repair and the addition of three separate away-from-home excursions, my credit cards are begging to be left alone. They are smokin' hot from all the activity of late.

My most anticipated holiday is the one that will cost the least. I'm spending the weekends out at my son's farm in his absence. I anticipate the company of his farm full of furry friends and more quiet than I will know what to do with. No booking required.

**This little post with no life lesson attached is brought to you courtesy of the aftermath of committing fully to all of the above**

Commitment is a hard but necessary part of living. And that is all I know about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment