Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Jamais vu

I was looking through my pictures to depict the feeling of gratitude and quiet joy I feel in my heart this morning. This post was initially going to be of a "gratitude journal" type of theme. 

Then I stumbled upon these eerily similar photos: 

April 25, 2017 7:07 a.m.

August 11, 2019 8:28 a.m.

"Hmmm, Ray. I feel like we've been here before," wordlessly communicated by Jet (who I now realize should have been named "Déjà vu" as he was a mirror image of our cat, André who died a few months prior to Jet's adoption).

October 16, 2013 8:06 a.m.
(Ray is still resting in his "usual" spot, while André rests on the carpet)

Do you think cats have those déjà vu moments too? Or do you think a cat feels like their entire life is on repeat day after day after day? It's no wonder our bored little kitty (Jet) is always stirring up trouble around here. He's tired of living a life where every day feels the same.

Jet is pursuing a life of jamais vu (the feeling that something familiar appears strange and unfamiliar; it is the opposite of déjà vu ~ as defined by quora.com).

May you have a day filled with moments of familiarity, mixed with a renewed perspective to keep your life feeling fresh and new. Happy Jamais Vu to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment