Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Balancing to Zero

I wiped our white board clean yesterday. Ever since I got the great idea of  maintaining our house's exterior this spring, there has been (what has felt like) an eternal list of people coming and going to tend to our home's needs. As of yesterday, we are DONE.

One quiet Monday in April (April 29th to be exact), I started making inquiries. Sixteen weeks later, it is done. Over. Complete.

There is nothing that pleases me more than to clean off the eternal to-do-list on that white board. Now I can fill it up with the fun stuff which awaits.

Other than donating blood in four days, my list now includes: a play; a few weekend retreats at my son's farm; a sibling trip; an out of town writing workshop; an out of province birthday celebration; and yet another play. Each one of these events is sprinkled generously with a good balance of friends, solitude, family, creativity and celebration.

As much as I know I will enjoy each and every one of these occasions, there is still a part of me that is looking forward to "wiping the slate clean" again.

I have over extended my spending allowance. As good as it felt to wipe our white board clean, I am more anxious to pay off each and every one of these expenditures and bring the amount owing to zero.

Now I just have to wipe my debt clean and I can start all over again.

It's all about "balancing to zero". I guess I was destined to work with numbers. They rule my life.

What is your balancing point? I believe we all have something that drives us and pushes us into and through our lives. I truly believe life is all about checks and balances. Keeping the work to play; the socializing to solitude; and all other factors in life in balance keeps one walking a straight line. Too much of any one thing is not ideal.

May you find what brings your life into balance. If not today, some day soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment