Monday, August 19, 2019

Best. Day. Ever!!

I was gone from home almost exactly 24 hours. I spent the day with my sisters. It was the best day ever!!

It starts from the moment "go" with these girls I am lucky enough to call sisters. I walked in the door and it was just that easy. All I had to do was show up. And there they were.

I can't begin to think of all we talked about. Everything. Nothing. Everything in between. It felt as though we could have gone on for days simple enjoying each other's company, listening to each other and feeling at ease to talk about anything.

The visit was seasoned generously with laughter and joy. There were serious moments as well. "Just wait! I'm telling a story..." was a line (slightly paraphrased) which encapsulated the relationship we are lucky enough to share. We sat still and listened to each other's stories.

Oh, to be still. To be still and listen. To have someone to sit still and listen to your stories. It is a gift like no other.

I came home and simply wanted to be still with the afterglow of our visit. I didn't want to write. I didn't want to check on messages. I didn't want to vacuum. I simply wanted to hold onto the embers of a most incredible 24 hours.

Our next hope is to take this trio of talkative sisters on the road and meet up with our brother. We hate to think he may be missing out on this family bonding time. We simply want to ensure the four of us continue to nurture this bond we are fortunate enough to share.

Suddenly, a line from the movie "Lilo and Stitch" comes to mind: 
"Ohana ... means family. Family means no one gets left behind. Or forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment