Thursday, August 1, 2019

Wrinkles

If ever there was a morning that went completely awry, this would be it.

I was awake for the day by 5 a.m.; out of bed by 5:30; no cats were sleeping in this morning so I stripped the bed and washed sheets; I showered; I tended to all my morning chores and thought I was so ahead of the game I would be out the door bright and early.

Then came the wrinkles.

Forty five minutes on the phone with our home security company. I transferred money to the wrong account. I looked out the window to admire our freshly stained deck boards and the morning dew made it appear it may need to be restained (?!?); I had trouble signing into all of my financial accounts ...

Nothing major. Just lots of little wrinkles in the system.

After all is said and done, I accomplished a lot this morning. Wrinkles and all. So much so, that I am wondering if I should go away for this unexpectedly free weekend.

Looks good at a distance but ...

... close up is up for debate.

Here is hoping now that all the wrinkles have been ironed out in my day this far, I can enjoy some smooth sailing at work. I'm so ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment