Saturday, August 17, 2019

I'm Off to See My Sisters!!!

I am headed off to see my sisters today. I am energized and excited knowing "this" is what I have to look forward to this weekend!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning with the thought "You won't get this time back" chiming through my thoughts. Then I fast forwarded to the day I saw before me. I want to feel rested and restored. I thought this thought and got up an hour later. Good enough! There were things I wanted to do before I leave.

I can tell where my state of mind is at by how I define the "hard things" I must do in a day. This morning, I knocked off those little tasks off my list and had energy to spare so I cleaned up my car a little.

Oh car of mine, what to do? What to do??

This car and I have bonded over the course of the last 61,000+ kms together. This is the car that drove me through "The Year of Mom". Oh, the hours we have spent together. The sister trips back and forth to Mom's. The music that has spoken to me through the radio during every season of my life. I've grown rather fond of this set of wheels.

My mechanic planted a seed of doubt when I last saw him. He told me what repair to expect next. I can most likely drive a long while before I must decide what course of action I must take but he's got me thinking. A new-to-me car? Or do I keep fixing this one?

It's hard on gas. It has blind spots where I feel I can't see properly. It is just a little larger than I would like. It still carries the scars from the hit and run accident while it was sitting there minding its own business while I was at work. 

But I like it. I have grown to trust it. I do not want to spend money on a vehicle (home renovation and maintenance is where it's "at" for me!).

As I vacuumed and tidied up my car, I couldn't help but think of the good times we've shared. Where do we go from here? I'm grateful I don't have to decide right away. I want to drive off into the sunset with my trusty steed and simply let things fall where they may.

I am anticipating my drive today. I can't wait to hit the road and steer myself towards my sisters. The one and only thing that could make this day any better? If it included our brother. Maybe next time ...

I'm off to see my sisters! And oh, what a day we will have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment