Friday, August 16, 2019

If You Share It ... They Will Come

The essence of "The Field of Dreams" runs rampant through my life. I hear the words "If you build it, they will come" whisper through my subconscious thoughts when I find myself in a position to share whatever it may be that I have to offer.

I took a detour as I searched my blog with "Field of Dreams" and took an enjoyable walk down memory lane as I scanned through several previous posts supporting the theory that I just may be dreaming up this life of mine. If I dream something up, "they" very often come.

My most recent revelation is not quite so deep. It stems from the excessive amount of groceries I bought for a family gathering of "twenty". I bought enough groceries to feed double that amount. I felt an incredible amount of angst as I gazed into the fridge and saw all the perishable food that had to be consumed.

I immediately started issuing invitations.

I fed five for supper the following day and sent a bag of fresh vegetables home with one. The day after that, my aunt ended up with unexpected supper guests. "Let's go for a drive!" I said and we came back here to pick up enough to feed four. I bought potato salad that came highly recommended by a friend, so I shared it with that friend and fed one more. My son has been eating very well this week and my lunches have consisted of more than granola bars. The excess has been reduced to an amount that can easily be consumed before the "best before" date.

The panic I felt as I gazed upon the excessive amount of groceries has given extra life to one invitation I issued to many. The excess has given me the gift of prolonging the gift of family, invitations and the opportunity to live in my field of dreams again. If I share it ... they will come.

Amazing things can happen when a door is opened for others to walk into whatever you may have to offer. It can be as simple as a cold glass of water on a hot day or time to share with someone who needs a shoulder to lean on.

If you open yourself up to allow people into your world, you too could be living in your field of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment