Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Acceptance, Courage and Wisdom

Ahhh ... it is back to the work world once again. For the first time in a very long time, I feel rested, relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to take on the day ahead of me.

I am not certain what the magic formula is.

Is it NOT having any other up and coming commitments lying in wait?

Is it the aftermath of two days of solitude and simply being home?

Is it the full body "cleanse" I just completed?

Is it the reassurance of a good bill of health and no need to rinse and repeat the above mentioned procedure for another 5 years?

Is it sleeping off yesterday's sedation and simply feeling completely rested?

Is it revelling in good memories of a most wonderful set of events preceding today?

Is it the fact that I did a few of the things that have the power to weigh me down yesterday morning?

Waking up to a day where all of the hard things are behind me feels like the weight of the world is lifted off my shoulders.

Now ... the million dollar question is "How do I maintain this in the long term?"

I believe I must go back to some of the scribbles I found on the table beside the computer. Stop worrying about things that don't happen. So much of life is out of our control. The secret is in the knowing the difference. It all comes back to the serenity prayer. Acceptance of what we cannot control; courage to change the things we can; wisdom to know the difference. 

One step at a time. One day at a time. Let go and let things unfold as they must. I am reliving what I learned in AlAnon. I believe the power lies within learning what we can and cannot control within our lives. Now to put this to work in my day-to-day life.  

What is weighing you down these days? Do you have the power to tackle the hard things and put them behind you? 

We can plan, hope and dream all we like but sometimes life has other plans.

I wish you a day where you feel on top of your struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment