Monday, October 28, 2019

A Day Without Multitasking

I read a book  yesterday.

That is all I did. I read.

No Facebook, Netflix, TV or mind numbing diversions.

When you sit down to read a book with actual pages, there is really nothing else you can do. You cannot multitask (though you can eat popcorn and read a book at the same time).

At the computer, I seem to find endless distractions. I want to Google this, that or the other thing. At this very moment, I have five tabs open up in my Internet Explorer screen. My budget spreadsheet is open. So is my email. I'm texting too.

My mind is shooting off in about sixteen different directions at this very moment and I'm ready to close up all these open tabs and finish my book.

I read a book yesterday.

And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment