Monday, October 14, 2019

The Grand Finale of My 2019 Vacation

You know you are feeling a little over-extended when the highlight of your holidays is a colonoscopy.

Anything that follows that sentence is going to be in a "too much information" variety but suffice to say, I am beyond grateful that I must say no to any and all invitations for the next two days.

I am so looking forward to this mandated day of staying home. There is truly no place I would rather be.

I have just gone back to read the blog posts I wrote in the aftermath of this procedure five years ago to remind myself of the coming events. The words that spoke to me were "... a very good night's sleep, which followed approximately twelve hours of intermittent napping" after coming home feeling rather (very) impaired by the sedative.

Dare I admit that I am looking forward to turning off my brain and savoring a mindless day just as much as I am anticipating this day of confinement to my quarters?

Yes, it is a sad state of affairs when I consider this the grand finale of my 2019 vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment