Friday, October 18, 2019

The Afterglow of My Vacation

It has been a week without to-do-lists, grocery lists, wish lists or guilt lists of any kind. I have returned back to life-as-I-know-it and I'm living in the present. It is a most wonderful place to be.

Unfortunately the weekend has arrived and the need for some groceries has arisen. I wrote a list. The car needs gas, I am out of cash so the need to cash in our bottles has arisen and if I want to move forward with getting a passport, I must get a passport picture taken.

I found myself scribbling down words in my "morning pages" which consisted of a dream list. The author who led the writing workshop I recently attended has three suggested life changing actions I (hope) to incorporate into my life:
  • Morning pages - three pages, written in long hand each and every morning. This action declutters your mind puts your thoughts into a "send" mode
  • Artist dates - set a date by yourself, for yourself to seek out and enjoy whatever is calling to you, to be in a "receive" mode
  • Walk
My morning pages consisted of writing ideas of what I could do by myself, for myself to set myself in a mode to "receive" whatever may be forthcoming.

Normally, I return from a holiday and I'm intent on catching up on the blogs I follow, working to catch up on my online word and number puzzles and new lists begin.

This holiday, I came home and did none of the above. I simply took one forward step at a time. This motion got me through to today. A day where new lists have begun but I hope without the frenzy of anxiety that has been my motivating factor lately.

I feel renewed. I know this feeling will subside but it is my hope if I follow the advise I learned in the writing workshop I attended, I can keep my feet on the ground and focus on the present.

Being "present" and at home is where I most want to be. I wish you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment