Monday, October 21, 2019

Best of Intentions

So many intentions. So little follow through. So went the days of my weekend.

I was home. All weekend. It was glorious. I was ecstatic. It was exactly where I wanted to be.

But the whole while, I was chiding myself for all I was not doing. I was not walking. I was not reading. I was not turning off the technical distractions.

I revelled in a Netflix marathon weekend. I was thrilled when I could watch Toy Story 4 from the comfort of my own home.

I cooked very little (I heated up spaghetti sauce I had leftover from another time and boiled spaghetti noodles - does that count?). I snacked on Cheezies and popcorn but I did not count them as meals.

I visited a little. But it was hard. I couldn't wait to retreat back into the solitude that is our home and life as I know it.

I did not accomplish what I set out to do this weekend past. But I've done fairly well with this Monday-in-progress.

Baby steps. Small steps in a forward direction. Just keep swimming ...

No comments:

Post a Comment