Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Waking Up to Life-As-I-Know-It

You know you have been watching too much TV when the characters within the dramas you are following infiltrate your dreams.

I woke up to a vivid dream this morning. It was a dream. It was only a dream.

The world was coming to an end. I was in a house which was on a beach. Unexplainable and unusual things were happening. 

I was told to get Dr. Shaun Murphy [The Good Doctor] for some medical emergency. But someone said he is dead. I go to him anyway. He is alive and jumps out of bed to help ...

People were being gobbled up by something coming from the ocean and/or air. It was a dream. Details are weird. An orca was washed up on shore. The world was ending.

I was suddenly back in my own home, running around closing the blinds. Yes, closing the blinds will definitely help the situation. As I'm racing around the house, someone says, "We are out of milk" and we have all of Meredith Grey's children [Grey's Anatomy] to feed. 

I woke up. In my own bed. The world was exactly how I left it when I drifted off to sleep last night. Except ... the election results had been tallied up while I slept.

Immediately I checked the election results. From what I understand, the Liberals are still in power, with a minority government and the Conservatives came in very strong.

I don't understand politics. I think our world is just fine and we weathered yesterday's election well enough.

And ... we aren't out of milk. All is well in the world. Carry on!

This message is brought to you as a gentle reminder that waking up to life-as-you-knew-it before you drifted off to sleep last night is a blessing like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment