Tuesday, October 1, 2019

End of a Month ... Readiness for the Season Ahead

Today would be a very good day to stay home. My clean-up mode has been activated and I'm unsure how long this may last.

It started with my month end financial state of affairs. I have been overspending my pay cheque and I was really looking forward to getting paid this month so I could share the wealth. My credit card is very happy with my generosity. All bills are paid. I am back in the black (in a gray sort of way) again and I am breathing a sigh of relief.

My eye caught the stacks of papers that have been amassing in places I can see out of the corner of my eye as I sit at the computer. They need a place to call home. I found a spot that is good enough for now. Some notations are garbage; others are filed away. Small stuff. But little things pile up and become heavy. It is better to deal with things when they are small.

Then came the revolving stack of paperwork atop of the printer. Each pile was neatly sorted and arranged in the order in which each deed was to be completed and every bill was paid. I believe I had the pile culled down to nil until outdoor renovations began. The outside repair and maintenance project began in May and was not complete until August.

Before renovations were complete, I started planning a life outside of these walls I adore so much. From my son's play in May ... to going to see Cher ... then Oprah ... and another play ... then a family gathering ... going to see Mamma Mia ... and another play ... then a sibling gathering ... and winding up with an upcoming October holiday ... the stack of places to go and things to do has been unending.

I can see the top of the printer again. The accumulation of paperwork involved with everything that has been accomplished over the course of the past six months is almost at an end.

I admit I am relieved to see the top of our printer again. This signifies the end of a busy and expensive few seasons.

The leaves are falling outside and I'm feeling a similar sense of letting things go, going dormant and feeling sufficiently ready to weather whatever comes next.

Fall is a time of letting go and storing up for winter. As much as I complain about winter, I am ready for a season of dormancy. Truth be told, I'm actually looking forward to it.

What about you? Are you ready to shed the excess and settle in and enjoy the winter?

Winter is going to come in one form or another. We can accept it or move on to warmer climates. I think I'll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment