Monday, October 28, 2019

The Best Things in Life are Free

I finally made it to the library a few days ago. It was better than I hoped it would be.

I went to the branch I was closest to. It is new but it doesn't have a very big selection of books. But it was bustling with people.

It was good to see the library was being put to good use. There is a meeting room, a children's area, a reading area, an innovation lab and a gaming room. Each of these areas were busy with people and activity.

On the technological side, they do have WiFi, public computers and (in branch) Chromebooks. All the computers were busy so the technology may have led the race between hold-in-your-hands books verses anything of the electronic variety.

I was pleased to see how busy the library was on a cool, Saturday afternoon. I commented to the person checking out my books and she said they have their quiet times but this was not one of them.

Because this branch was so small, I was unable to find any of the books I was looking for but I came out with three books of interest regardless. I am eager to check out our larger, friendly neighborhood library one day soon.

I am now curious to see how I fare the next time I go. Because I will definitely return. Next time I hope to make the time to enjoy some leisurely time perusing the aisles of a library with a wider selection of books.

They do say the best things in life are free. I highly recommend visiting your neighborhood library one day. You have nothing to lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment